Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Short Story

Short Story
It was the fourth of July in 2007. The week of July fourth is my favorite week of summer. Everyone would drive down and watch the fireworks. We would relax on the beach all day. One day, my friend Brennan and I wanted to go get something to eat. We stopped swimming and rode our bikes to Subway. Sadly, Subway was closed and we decided to go to Arby’s. I would never make that mistake again. As we rode our bikes to the restaurant I could see a group of young adults. They started to walk up to us. The man told us to go and talk to the girls for him. The man picked up our bikes and started moving them closer and closer to the girls. We did not know what to do. Then, I said I left my money at home as an excuse and told Brennan to start peddling away. I pedaled down the main road because I knew that the street would be busy with cars and a lot of people would see me. Brennan and I split up and started peddling down the back road. The man chased him going very fast. I thought the man was going to catch him. The man ran all the way up to him and then stopped. Then he suddenly reached in his pocket and pulled out a metallic looking object. Brennan thought it was a gun. Afterwards I met up with Brennan at his grandparent’s house. Brennan and I were scared and glad at the same time. In the future, we will both be more careful in our surroundings.

No comments: